Internet of things – Uses and advantages
By now, everyone knows the benefits of internet and the revolutionary changes it has caused in our lives. In the normal course, the man communicates with the machines and vice versa using the internet. However, there are means by which two independent machines can communicate with each other and make things easier for man. This is the concept of the Internet of things. Let us see a few examples of the applications of internet of things and look at its advantages.
- They have great use in the medical field. Hospitals can ember electronic chips inside their patients to help monitor their responses on a periodic basis. These chips can detect any abnormality and immediately pass on the message to the main system thereby alerting the doctors.
- Similarly, you can have the internet of things working in your favor at home as well. You can program the system in your cars to allow the gates to open and allow the car in.
- You can also have systems using the internet of things and connect the same with your smartphones. This can enable you to switch on or switch off your house lights, etc. You can remotely control every electronic item in your house using this internet of things technology.
We have seen some of the basic uses of the internet of things. Let us look at some of the advantages of the internet of things.
- Internet of things can improve the quality of life of an individual with the minimum utilization of energy.
- You can use cameras and sensors to increase the security measures in business organizations and residential premises as well. Hence, this Internet of things is useful for improving the security aspect.
- The Internet of things allows the business enterprises to track their goods and shipments using GPS facility.
We have seen some simple advantages of internet of things. This is the future of life today.